• 3679 Motor Ave, Suite 305 Los Angeles CA 90034
  • (310) 202-3100
  • Info@LintonImmigration.com
Los Angeles Immigration Help | Immigration Assistance in Los Angeles | Los Angeles Immigration Services
Slide background
Slide background
In Home / Other Ways to Get a Green Card

Other Ways to Get a Green Card

Although most immigrants come to live permanently in the United States through a family member’s sponsorship, employment, or a job offer, there are other ways a Green Card (permanent residence) can be obtained, such as the:

» Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (referred to by many as the 'Green Card Lottery')
» K Nonimmigrant (includes fiancé(e))
» Legal Immigration Family Equity (LIFE) Act
» Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) Status

Additional programs include:

  • Special Categories of Family
  • Battered Spouse or Child (VAWA)
  • Widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen
  • Person Born to a Foreign Diplomat in the United States
  • V Nonimmigrant
  • Special Categories of Jobs
  • Afghan/Iraqi Translator
  • Afghan Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  • Armed Forces Member
  • NATO-6 Nonimmigrant
  • International Organization Employee
  • Physician National Interest Waiver
  • Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  • Religious Worker
  • Other Green Card Programs
  • Amerasian Child of a U.S. Citizen
  • Informant (S Nonimmigrant)
  • American Indian Born in Canada
  • Indochinese Parole Adjustment Act
  • Cuban Native or Citizen
  • Lautenberg Parolee
  • Haitian Refugee
  • Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA)
  • Physician National Interest Waiver
  • Help HAITI Act of 2010
  • Victim of Criminal Activity (U Nonimmigrant)
  • Victim of Trafficking (T Nonimmigrant)
  • Contact Us

Note:As a refugee, you are required by law to apply for permanent resident status 1 year after being admitted to the United States. As an asylee, you are not required to apply for permanent resident status after being granted asylum for 1 year, although it may be in your best interest to do so.

For more information on how refugees, asylees, and their family members can apply for green cards see:

» Green Card for a Refugee: Explains the refugees eligibility criteria and application process for a green card.
» Green Card for an Asylee: Explains the aslyees and their family members eligibility criteria and application process for a green cardr

For professional assistance with completing your citizenship application contact Linton Imigration Services for a FREE Consultation.